Close ups, pretty dirty. They need a lot of TLC.
I took them apart, carefully. I didn’t know what condition they were in. I turns out the glass is still good and all the parts are there and everything is in tact. I have high hopes that these will turn out ok! As you can see from the various photos the colors are all different, this is not a trick of light, they really were different colors. The sun had faded some and not as much on others.
Once they were thoroughly cleaned and dried it was time to spray paint them. I used Rustoelum oil rubbed bronze (my favorite color of spray paint) I used the one with paint and primer in it. So a few coats later I was done, don’t they look much better? I love the color and finish, I know they will look great! So excited to install them.
But before we can install them the old lights have to come down. Yuck, old brass coach lights that have seen better days. I am so excited to take these down! I have plans for them in the future…
Yah!! our new light is installed, and it works, whew! I was a little worried about that, but no need, everything worked perfectly! I looks wonderful!
I got a total of 5 lights, but I only needed 3. I have plans for the other 2, stay tuned…
- Make sure the light is cleaned inside and out!
- If you can check to see if it works before you hang it. That way you don’t go through the trouble of cleaning, painting, and hanging only to find out that it doesn’t work.