I am a firm believer that you can never have too much glitter and rhinestones! That being said, I thought I would fix my boring Beats headphones by adding rhinestones. Now they are acceptable to wear out in public 🙂 (You can see that even my sunglasses have rhinestones on them.)
A few weekends ago I went to Estes Park, CO with a few of my girlfriends. If you have never been there, you are missing out, it is one of the most beautiful towns in Colorado. During our girls weekend in between laughing, taking naps, visiting, watching movies, and catching up we spend our time doing crafts. Some scrapbook, some crochet and other just do general crafts. this year I decided to make my headphones sparkle. This is very easy to do, you just have to have patience.
All you need for materials are:
- Rhinestones. I used 5mm rhinestones purchased from Amazon
- E6000 (any glue that stick to plastic will work)
- Syringe to help apply the glue. I purchased mine from Amazon
- Styrofoam head to help hold the headphone. This is not necessary, but I finds that is helps.
- Wax stick for picking up the rhinestones. I purchased mine from Amazon
- Lightly sand the headphone. This is just to rough up the surface do that the glue will adhere better
- Clean the headphones. This is get all the dust off and get them ready for gluing.
- Lay out your pattern. I decided on a ombre look, but do what makes you happy. You can’t see it too well in the photos, but I promise is ombre and it looks pretty cool, if I do say so 😉
4. Put your headphones on the Styrofoam head and get ready for gluing!
5. Start gluing! I found these terrific syringes that really help with the application of the glue. All you do is put some glue in the syringe and then you put a few dots of glue on the headphones.Take your wax applicator to pick up the rhinestone and place it in the glue. Easy as that.
6. Keep going until you are done. Let it dry over night then you are ready to rock out to your new headphones!